“Mahirap! … Nakakapagod! … Nakakatamad!”
I wouldn’t deny the fact that I’ve said that rants, I-don’t-know-how-many-times, way back when I’m still studying. The feeling of being lazy every time I see my pending homework and projects. The agony of choosing between watching television and reviewing for quizzes. The challenge of waking up early everyday. It’s true. Being a student isn’t easy. But being a student is fun, too! Let me give you a list of The Things I Love About Being a Student:
- The Tropa/Barkada/Best Friends Moments – well I have to admit, these moments have been the reason why I want to go to school everyday. The break time “tambays” and “kwentuhans”. The after school hangouts like … “Tara punta tayo kina …” or “Foodtrip muna tayo!” I’m telling you, you’re going to miss these moments after graduation.
- Si Crush – I do have a lot of crushes way back in my college days. My best friend and I have code names for them! I guess this is another reason why I’m excited to enter our University every single school day. I’m always hoping to see those crushes along the hallway, or maybe in the cafeteria and the library.
- Group Projects – yes! I somehow love it whenever we have group projects. Because you get to know more about some of your classmates. And the tasks becomes easier and more enjoyable. Also, you get to go places like, “his house” … “her house” … “their dorm”. There’s also food trip and bonding moments associated with this activity. 😀
- Mommy/Daddy/Ate/Kuya Pahingi ng Baon! – super yes! When you’re a student, you have your daily allowance. That’s why you’re so “yamanin” because you can have your savings out of that allowance. I salute the classmates of mine way back who are working students. Because they earn money for their selves. So guys, enjoy your allowance while it lasts. HAHA! When you start working, you’re going to say bye bye to that daily allowance. :))))
- Field Trips – well I love going on trips that’s why I love field trips. These are, I guess Elementary and High School days? I’m not sure if they still do this now. What I love about these trips is that they are very educational and fun. When I was in Elementary, I experienced going to the Chips Delight Factory where they gave us free cookies! :))) I’m telling you guys, if your school will have field trips, JOIN! and ENJOY! Plus … your parents are the ones who are going to pay! When you start working, you’ll be paying for your own travel expenses. 😀
- My Teachers and Professors- yes, I love them with all my heart! Even though they give hard quizzes and exams and sometimes they get mad at us, I still love them. I treated them as my second parents. They are there not just to teach lessons written in books, but also to teach about lessons in life. They give advice on anything. May it be about family, friendship, and even love life! 😀 I have high respect for them. Without them, I wouldn’t be able to take a step higher each day of my student life.
So for you struggling students out there, just enjoy every moment in school. Do not pressure yourselves about the future. It will come. Just live one day at a time. Read more. Study hard. Earn friends. Explore. Listen. Understand. Learn. HAVE FUN! Do not rush on growing up because there will come a time that you will miss being a student. 🙂